Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2019
11.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 07, 2021 at 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardooney View Post
Thank you. Definitely a big part of my burn out is due to client’s problems that I deal with. I hear so many people cry in emotional pain, constantly it feels, or hear their fits of anger and disappointment. situations that trigger me. I had several difficult conversations in a row at work when I started this post, and then several strange frightening situations going from work to my car in the same week (run ins with addicts, and people in crisis). I hid from one guy, another guy ran after me. 4 run ins total just in the one minute it takes to walk to my car.

At work, I had an extended conversation with someone in what seemed like psychosis, or bi polar type meltdown and then a few days later they critically injured themselves, I found out. I’m not trained for that type of thing, it’s not the direct nature of my job. my husband has bipolar, and went through scary times not so long ago..so yeah very triggering. I literally shook hearing that the person was injured, and I had to sit on my husband’s lap like a baby during lunch that day, while he gave me a hug.

There’s just a lot. I am empathetic, so it’s not easy for me. I blame myself a lot, so the way I am, and the way things are, cause me to feel badly a lot.

I really do need a therapist. I also don’t understand what my big deal is though. I feel like I’m perceiving a problem that isn’t there? I don’t know what that means.
Oh wow. No wonder you are struggling with these situations. They are difficult situations even for trained people but without training it's ridiculous imo to put you in this situation and expect you to cope.

Have you been in this job long? Is it one you want to stay in?
Discombobulated is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote