View Single Post
comrademoomoo
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Feb 2019
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 07, 2021 at 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLL85 View Post
Oh completely, I’m so terrified of messing up in therapy that I hide so much of myself which probably means I am messing up! . I think you are so brave to be your true authentic self in sessions, that is the way to make progress and move through so much of the hurt and the pain. Could it be that when you view your kindness as being ‘fake’ it’s because you don’t see good in yourself? Even though it is there. I have said to my T that I feel like my logical/rational side is just an act because I know that is how society expects me to behave, but really it’s my child/emotional/irrational parts that act out that are truly me and real. He disagree and says that they are genuine but I struggle to accept that because it would mean accepting there is goodness inside of me. Could something similar be going on for you?
I find it really interesting that you have categorised your child and emotional and irrational parts as one aspect. Skipping over to your anger thread, which emotions are your child part and which emotions are your adult part? And are emotions irrational? Maybe it makes sense for your child part to feel the way she feels - far from irrational. I suppose I mean don't dismiss your child part as emotional and irrational, she might make a lot of sense but maybe hasn't been listened to very much.

I think there is goodness inside me, but I suppose I feel very uncomfortable about showing it. It's almost shameful. So, yes, I think something similar might be happening for me, thank you.
comrademoomoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
RoxanneToto, SlumberKitty, unaluna

Thanks for this!
SlumberKitty