Child of a lesser god

Member Since Jun 2015
12.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 07, 2021 at 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonesomeTonight View Post
Thanks, Lost. I think it just sort of makes me wonder if I should keep seeing this T. We've worked through lots of things. And he's been great through the pandemic. But it also gets tiring to have to deal with the same issues again and again...
Isn’t he also dealing with the same issue again and again? On the other side from you, of course. Maybe you can talk about that.

He is who he is. Either that benefits you or not. Your therapy isn’t about changing him, it’s about helping you handle life. Maybe the conversation grenades give you more insight into other issues in your life, or maybe they’re useless. Only you can really know.

Totally separate issue: I have 4 hours between classes, so I spent it walking a couple miles around the campus lake and I was thinking about how there’s the rule of thumb, 7 animal years = 1 human year. What’s the ratio of therapy years to real-life years? Like I feel it’s only now after 3 1/2 years that Info is becoming regularly useful. And I’d know that a lot faster in real life. So I posit 1 year in therapy = 1 month of real life.

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
Lemoncake, LonesomeTonight, stopdog