Cardooney
Cardooney Cousin of the artichoke

5 yr Member
101 hugs
given
Default Apr 07, 2021 at 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discombobulated View Post
Oh wow. No wonder you are struggling with these situations. They are difficult situations even for trained people but without training it's ridiculous imo to put you in this situation and expect you to cope.

Have you been in this job long? Is it one you want to stay in?
Thank you. I’ve been there almost 4 yrs. I would rather have a different job for sure, but I’m thankful to be employed and I do keep learning new skills.
I don’t know many people who love their job, so I guess I see this as the way things are for everyone. But maybe that attitude holds me back, even while that attitude keeps me going.

Honestly I’m not expected to cope with anything. We do have problem clients, but everyone in the office would have to deal with them. Sometimes I think we should not work with a client, yet the boss keeps them; but more often, they fire clients quicker than I’d think to.

I wonder if I’m perceiving a problem that doesn’t exist, and I’m just feeling what’s natural, considering. I need to take better care of myself, and I realize what that means is I need to “talk” nicely to myself and not hate myself for being behind, overwhelmed, slow, unsure about some things, or making mistakes. I have a hard time making mistakes because “I should know better, slow down, pay better attention, etc. I shouldn’t let the stress affect my performance.” My self discipline might be useful, but it doesn’t solve everything.

I guess an issue is that I am determined and don’t give up, but sometimes I notice I apply that to things when it doesn’t make sense to. So I’m trying not to do that, I hope.

I just always believe things will get better, or I will.

I think I figured one thing out just now...I hate annoying people and I feel very bad about myself when I annoy people.

Hmmm.

I am still burned out though, whatever the reason, And I’m trying to take that seriously.
Cardooney is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, Discombobulated

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated