buddha1too
Veteran Member
buddha1too We are all Buddhas becoming.

10 yr Member
2,547 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 07, 2021 at 09:48 PM

I noticed this is your first post. Welcome!

You're a very wise young person. It took me a very long time to realize that I had issues with alcohol. In my case, I discovered that I'm an alcoholic, & quit drinking altogether. As I'm sure you're aware, however, there are many people whose alcohol use has intensified during the pandemic. Recognizing that you're on a risky path might be enough to help you slow down.

I lived in Dresden for three years, & still watch Deutsche Welle English on YouTube & check the FAZ so I can keep up with things over there. Your Covid numbers are up & you folks are locked down tight! Plus, the AstraZeneca problems are preventing you from getting vaccines. These factors must be very frustrating! In addition, living under your father's roof at the your age can't be easy.

I don't know how much of your depression is due to the situation you find yourself in, & how much might be other factors, but self-medication with alcohol is tricky. While it's easy to think it's easing your symptoms, it's actually a depressant. It might be making your depression worse. Have you considered seeing a counselor? If things there are anything like they are in the USA, it might take some time to get an appointment, but it might be helpful. Also, you might ask your family doctor to prescribe an anti-depressant to see if that helps. These are just a few thoughts.

While I stopped drinking many years ago, I still have fond memories of the taste of Schwarzbier (especially Eibauer). I didn't like what alcohol did to me, though. You are very lucky that you recognize you're having issues now, rather than later. And who knows? This might just be a passing phase. Keep posting to let us know how you are doing. Bleib gesund!
buddha1too is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unpolar

Thanks for this!
RoxanneToto, unpolar