Community Support Team

splitimage has no updates.

15 yr Member
73 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 08, 2021 at 06:11 AM

Hi unpolar,

Welcome. As the previous poster said, it's great that you're thinking about your drinking at an early age.

I drank for a lot of years, for some of the same issues you mentioned, depression and wanting to numb my feelings, and I became a really bad full blown alcoholic and lost just about everything. I really wish I had stopped a lot earlier.

It's worth talking to a Dr. about your depression, to see if meds can help, but remember any med will be less effective if you're still drinking as alcohol is a depressant. You might also benefit from speaking with an addictions counsellor if possible - sorry don't know how your health system works.

I know stopping is hard, but honestly quitting drinking is the best thing I've ever done for myself. I'm a lot happier, and my life is going better.

Please keep posting to let us know how it's going.

splitimage

"I danced in the morning when the world was begun. I danced in the moon and the stars and the sun". From my favourite hymn.

"If you see the wonder in a fairy tale, you can take the future even if you fail." Abba

splitimage is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
RoxanneToto, unpolar

Thanks for this!
RoxanneToto, unpolar