View Single Post
rdgrad15
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
199 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 08, 2021 at 06:59 AM

I've always wondered, do you think it's possible that if someone who yo consider a friend talks about how they are lonely or wish they had friends, it could signal that they don't see you as a close friend or not even a friend at all? I know this could also indicate something more serious, like depression or something similar. But there has been times where I felt like they may not actually be truly depressed, but simply stating the fact that they wish they had friend or that they felt lonely, despite being right there with them doing stuff. That is perfectly fine if that is the case, but sometimes I wonder when anyone does that, that could signal the fact that they don't feel close to you and just hang out with you out of boredom.

I've known people in the past who have done that. Not just to me, but to others as well. This could also, at times, be followed by them seemingly ditching you or at least not really talking to you if they find someone, whether it is real life or online, to talk to. I've seen people even get so involved into talking to someone online that it is almost as if they don't want whoever is right there with them, to be there. In fact, I've heard them mention to someone else that they were doing nothing at a particular moment when in fact, they were hanging out with someone. In times like these, it makes me think they are subconsciously telling you they don't want to be friends and that they just hang out with out of boredom. Have you experienced anything like that? Again, I know it can signal depression at times, but not always. It appears it could also just signal the fact that, despite them hanging out with you, they don't really see you as a friend.
rdgrad15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, mote.of.soul