Grand Magnate

Member Since Jun 2012
1,429 hugs
given
Default Apr 08, 2021 at 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by comrademoomoo View Post
And now I feel ugly.

She was being supportive and gentle by offering additional sessions and offering to arrange alternative support for me during her upcoming break. I responded with hostility because I felt patronised and pitied. I can be relentless with my unkindness and I really pushed, including ridiculing her and deliberately hitting on some of her insecurities. Initially she was angry and exasperated, and then she cried. She said she was hurt that I would discard her care and treat our relationship in this way.

She has had a recent family bereavement so I know that she isn't in a great place and consequently I feel particularly unkind. I intended to hurt her.

. . .
I think it's important that you recognize your feeling of being patronized and pitied. It sounds like your response was triggered by that?

It's too bad the therapist couldn't or didn't have time to bring the conversation back to that, or to asking where your reaction was coming from. But, maybe it was at the end of the session, with little time, and as you said she wasn't in the best of places.
here today is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty