View Single Post
Mystical_Being

Member Since May 2017
922 hugs
given
Default Apr 08, 2021 at 05:16 PM

I feel I could have written your post last year. I used to feel the same way and it was a horrible feeling. Then I had a therapist who decided to "play mom" and try to meet those needs I had that weren't met when I was a kid and she did love me (or so I thought) and told me so a few times. Then she disappeared and the whole thing retraumatized me and I ended up needing therapy to deal with therapy gone wrong. It can be nice when a therapist loves us and expresses it but I feel more empowered that my current therapist is teaching me to love myself. Unfortunately no one can meet those needs but ourselves and its been a very bitter pill I have had to swallow. But the therapist is just there as a temporary guide and you will always have yourself so if you can learn to give yourself that love it will always be there. I know I was in a place were a message like this would not have been helpful but hopefully you can see the wisdom in it.

There is nothing wrong with you. It's ok to have these feelings and to have needs. The best thing is to just talk to him about how you are feeling. You could copy and paste what you have written here and print it for him if its hard to get the words out. You are def not pathetic. You didn't get something important and vital as a kid so its natural to need it and want it. I hope you are gentle with yourself as you feel all of this as its tough stuff. Gentle hugs if wanted.
Mystical_Being is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Amandae8787, LonesomeTonight, Merope, RoxanneToto, SalingerEsme

Thanks for this!
Merope, Quietmind 2, Rive., RoxanneToto, SalingerEsme, zoiecat