View Single Post
SearchingforMe

Member Since Feb 2016
24 hugs
given
Default Apr 08, 2021 at 08:04 PM

For me, I have been diagnosed with ADHD, bipolar disorder and generalized anxiety disorder. I think I also have ptsd from my ex-husband who was verbally and sexually abusive. I also haven't fully accepted the bipolar diagnosis, except maybe Type 2 because I definitely have had depression since I was a teenager.
ADHD feels like a nightmare where I will suddenly remember something important I lost, or something very important that I have forgotten to do, and I am always afraid I am going to really screw this up. And I forget so many things.
I struggle with my self esteem. I know I am intelligent, but it always feels like my ADHD is going to knock me off of any ladder I try to go up. I also get stuck in circles and that feels like I am in a maze that diverts me from where I want to go only by the time I am done I don't remember where it was, in the first place.
When I was a teenager I would lose my purse, or my flute. As an adult, I have forgotten worse. Medication helps sometimes, but other times the stress overcomes the medication.
SearchingforMe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote