buddha1too
Veteran Member

Member Since Sep 2011
2,548 hugs
given
Default Apr 09, 2021 at 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelhead View Post
The thing that annoys me about addiction is i always needed more, the next day. Really gets tiresome having to replenish alcohol supply. Also tiresome hiding it from someone you live with. In my last days of drinking, all my alcohol was hidden outdoors. I had to go to great lengths. It was difficult, too. A nightmare, really..
Thanks for sharing that; it's a good reminder. Drinking was almost like a form of slavery for me. I tried to convince myself that I needed & wanted alcohol, but it owned me mind, body & soul, often telling me what to do & when to do it. By the end of my drinking, I didn't even drink around other people for fear of making an arse out of myself.

I, too, lied about my drinking & did the best I could to hide it (which generally wasn't good enough)....my former wife knew, but I still lied. I was a beer drinker; where I live there's a bottle/can deposit law. Since I'd often drink 12-16 beers in a sitting, I'd accumulate many bottles & cans before returning them. I'd be too embarrassed to take them back for a cash return because people would know I had a problem. I wasn't really hiding anything from anyone, though...
buddha1too is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, shovelhead

Thanks for this!
Bill3, Desoxyn, shovelhead