Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,263 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 09, 2021 at 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieJastrow View Post
If it is getting long in the tooth I usually will pipe up and say something it is just that 20 minutes to me seems like something I shouldn't have to say, "I am checking" he either doesn't understand the realties of checking in with other people the stay at home era or he does and is just impatient. I mean if something had gotten fowled up because I didn't check my e-mails ok but never has anything gotten fowled up and it is 7 years in.

Here also I don't take issue with him checking, I take issue with the rude and disrespectful way he sent an e-mail with all question marks like a spiteful little brat.

You just don't send out things like that dripping with attitude.

You say -- did you hear from "X" yet? - "Did you hear anything?"
Oh, I 100% agree this is rude and unnecessary. He could just say "Did you hear anything yet?" I was just making a suggestion to try and alleviate the situation.

I don't really know him or the full situation - you can only know so much from a forum post - but I would often recommend just having an open discussion with a boss at this point and figuring out the best lines/means of communication and also that disrespectful communication does not inspire better work from me. I'd probably say, I want to do the best I can to support you and your work, and I cannot do that when I'm receiving disrespectful communications or communication that includes sarcasm, etc.

Sometimes you can have that conversation, if you can leave your hurt feelings out of it (which is really hard), but if it's going to be too emotional, it would only backfire.

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote