View Single Post
GeminiNZ
Veteran Member

Member Since Dec 2012
539 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 10, 2021 at 05:14 AM

T, i know there's nothing you can do about the new person in the next office slamming the door just as I'm settling in, but this is the second week in a row I've had a trauma/sensory meltdown in my session because of it.

As you know, so many ordinary everyday things are triggers for me because so much of my abuse took place in the context of ordinary everyday life. Add in the sensory issues (the world feels too loud/bright/textured/heavy) and a slammed door throws me off-kilter. And not only for our session but still now, two days later. I've spent all day in my pyjamas (soft) with the same song on rotate (soothe) trying to restore some kind of equilibrium.

I wish you were here to hold my hand. It sucks that after a wrecked session like that, I have to wait a week to come back. But also, your office is starting to feel even more unsafe than it usually does. There were already so many sensory and trauma triggers to contend with. Just being out in the world is painful and challenging enough. I don't want to be losing my 90mins/week safe(ish) place too.

Hugs from:
ArtieTheSequal, LonesomeTonight, Mystical_Being, RoxanneToto, SlumberKitty