View Single Post
NatalieJastrow
Veteran Member

Member Since Aug 2020
261 hugs
given
Default Apr 10, 2021 at 05:54 AM

Yes I am now convinced that not only are we not made to eat carbs but that it isn't enough to eat low carb -- you have to almost eat none.

Trust me, I didn't come to this decision easily. I only really enjoy carbs.

I now eat mostly keto - I have been lucky to be able to do this during the pandemic. But I am going to try to my best to continue to do it in the future.

I have done a lot of research on it these past few months and I am pretty sure the good body health comes not necessarily from "eating less carbs" which helps, but from having your body go into "Ketosis".

Imagine we have an entire method of processing food for our bodies that we used for BILLIONS Of years, that we haven't been using. Further this method has shown lots of positive health effects -- so positive that the military uses ketosis now for greater endurance for elite athletes. I mean Tom Brady uses it. It is almost like a super power.

If you want to read some great books on it... read "Ketosis the fourth fuel" and read about Dr. Mary Newport who has been a big supporter for Ketones for brain health.

Ketosis is not some new fad. Did you know that in the early 1900s it was used for epilepsy. Only falling out of favor when drugs came along that were proposed to be the same but were really much worse.

I also suggest fasting. The advantage with fasting is that your body does get full at some point, as full as you can make it.... and then you just fast the next day. So you get that satiated feeling - but then also lose weight.

Also, there is a new book out that just blew my mind but I think it is very important. Its proven thesis? Exercise does NOT -- NOT -- increase your totally daily energy burn. This doesn't come from some office doctor -- it comes from an evolutionary biologist who has studied the "hunter gatherers" In Africa - for the last 10 years. He also has studied apes. The reality... both hunter gatherers in Africa and you average human in the USA have the same total daily energy expenditure. Same with wild apes vrs. apes in captivity. His studies and many others that were buried state that energy is constrained in mammals. IF you exercise your body will just deprive another area of the energy.

Now he isn't saying that exercise isn't good for you but he is stating clearly it will not increase weight loss.

Doesn't that make sense? There is a gym on every corner and we are fatter than ever.

The book is called Burn by Herman Pontzer... I am reading it now and only about 1/2 the way through.
NatalieJastrow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote