Member Since Oct 2017
9,712 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 11, 2021 at 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohappy View Post
Hi Buffy,

You need lots of practice. Practice as often as you can, every day, starting around your area that you are familiar with and the time and places that there are few cars around. Practice in the parking lot and try to master just being able to park your car beside another car. As you get more and more comfortable with parking, gradually do more. Make sure you always look all ways before you proceed with caution. Be alert, patient and careful. Get a good driving instructor that is patient and understanding if possible.
Try to concentrate on driving areas that are safe. If you find a unsafe road, avoid using that route again. It is always good to be cautious and follow the rules. I know it is scary. It has been for me too but now i can drive places that are familiar to me.
I have family member and friends who don't drive and are afraid to. I could have been like them and give up after failing drivers test but it bothered me. I think you could remind yourself what are the benefits of learning such as being to get to work and being able to run errands and get so much done and having a sense of accomplishment in doing something difficult.
I tried to go to a driving school and was denied because a family member told the school I am deaf and was told that I am not welcome.
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3