rechu
Magnate

rechu has no updates.

5 yr Member
1,037 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 12, 2021 at 07:58 PM

@AzulOscuro - Put some whiskey in your water - I think that's a line from a song!

Not surprisingly, the Health Ministry press conference today was a total mess. The Minister was asked about the revelations of the Chinese vaccine efficacy and if he is changing his idea of when we could reach herd immunity. All he did was deflect and change the subject.

It's always something, deflecting, lies of omission. I wonder if he and the president are going to last to the end of their terms. If you read the comments on Twitter and to articles about all this, people are getting increasingly angry, which isn't surprising.

I wonder if he had been more honest about the vaccine efficacy earlier on, if people would have been more careful. He has been saying people are "immunized" 2 weeks after the second dose, when this vaccine doesn't confer immunity. In theory (although who knows at this point), it mainly helps keep you out of the hospital or from dying. So, I am sure that people relaxed after receiving their vaccines, thinking they were more protected than they were.

We are coming up on 4 weeks of lockdown in my area. Supposedly, 4 weeks was going to be the maximum but it was another lie. I know of people in areas reaching 6 and 7 weeks. He was asked about that in the press conference too and gave some jumbled word salad that didn't answer the question. Really we are on a plane without a pilot, or maybe a ship without a captain. Whatever it is; it's bad.

Hugs from:
Discombobulated