Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
199 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 13, 2021 at 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discombobulated View Post
I know a friend who had this said to them and they laughed it off but felt it was very telling. In their case I think the relationship wasn't an equal friendship but they were more like an unpaid support worker to this person who had severe mental health issues. Idk. Maybe this person sensed my friend was spending time with them to be kind.

I think if it were me who had it said to them I would be questioning myself and possibly them too why they said it.

I have in the past voiced to a friend that I'd like to develop more friendships but that's a different way of saying it - not like I'm saying I have no friends.
I agree. I’ve had it happen in the past to me and have seen it happen to others as well. I agree, this usually stems from an unequal friendship. That is very common, way more than many realize or would like to admit. That’s why I don’t get too attached to people. It’s also why I don’t go around telling others who I am closest to because that can come off the wrong way. Basically saying, “I like you, but I like this other person way better.” Even though it may be true, I don’t think it is necessary to make people feel bad in that manner.
rdgrad15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated