View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,038 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 13, 2021 at 01:37 PM

Coronasomnia. Yeah, I hear you on that. Insomnia is one of the ways that my anxiety first manifests myself along with lack of appetite. I have not been sleeping well either all due to the disaster that this country is becoming and the conflict with my husband over the vaccine. I have a headache today due to nights of bad sleep. The colder nights which end up with the dogs trying to burrow under the covers doesn't help I woke up with a dog squashed against me with his snout 2 cm from my face today! That's not comfortable. I was going to get this bed that was sort of like a cave for the one dog that is always cold and does that the most to keep her out of bed, but of course it's out of stock everywhere.

I get on the being hard to disconnect from work. I've worked from home a lot and was able to disconnect, but this inability to get out of the house and virus exhaustion has affected my habits and I find it harder these days.

My husband is back trying to push me to get the vaccine again. Like we discussed before, I understand his reasons if he has to go back to work, he would feel badly if he brought it home and gave it to me. But I have just less and less faith that that crap vaccine is going to do anything. I saw a link to a summary of the Brazilian study that said "There were 9,823 participants who received the two doses and were followed for at least 14 days and had, therefore, reached the final efficacy analysis. There were 253 confirmed COVID-19 cases in the cohort: 85 cases (11.0/100 person-year) among 4,953 participants in the vaccine group, and 168 cases (22·3/100 person-year) among 4,870 participants in the placebo group. The primary efficacy against symptomatic COVID-19 was 50·7% (95%CI 36·0-62·0)." So, they got their efficacy figures by following people for only 14 days or maybe more in some cases but who knows how many for longer? How is that even science. How many vaccinated/non-vaccinated people got sick after 20 days, 30 days, two months? We don't know! What a joke!

200,000 Pfizer arrived yesterday. I could go between tomorrow and Friday. I heard it may be more possible to get Pfizer in the AM. I have another thing I am going to try. I'm honestly game for anything these days. My ID says I was born in the US (I have Chilean citizenship too). I could message the municipality and tell them I need Pfizer because I had to put off a trip to the US due to the pandemic and I need to arrange to see my family in the US after the borders open. I could then indicate that Sinovac doesn't have approval in the US and I worry there may be quarantine upon entry or other requirements since I won't be considered vaccinated. My sister lives in San Francisco and she said that there are already events like baseball games where you need proof of vaccination to get in and that is likely to become more common as more people in the US get vaccinated.

Hugs from:
TunedOut

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated