rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,040 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 14, 2021 at 12:22 PM

Well, I win!! Haha!

I went to the Centro Cultural here today. Sinovac was reserved for second doses so I was given Pfizer - yay! It was pretty crowded. I got there at 8:30 AM and there were two lines, one for second doses and one for first. They started letting people in at 9. For the first doses, they weren't sure what was arriving but I did ask the woman at the intake desk if I could get Pfizer (due to what I explained above) and she wrote that on my ticket and said I'd be priority for that if they received Pfizer today. I sent a picture to my sister, because it was one of those numbers like they give you at a deli. She said, "are you ordering sandwich meat or getting a vaccine?" It took a while for the vaccines to arrive. It wasn't until 10:30 that they got things moving. Maybe they were being sent from Santiago. There were separate areas for Sinovac and Pfizer. For Pfizer they alternated between groups of first and second doses. I got mine at about 11:25 and they gave me a paper telling me to go to one of the waiting areas either in the theater or some couches right outside until 11:55 when I was good to go.

I'm glad that's taken care of. I am much less anxious. I have to go back on the 12th of May for #2.

Right now on TV, they are showing that some municipalities were turning people away for their doses, so I feel very lucky. Today was one of those catch up days where anyone who qualified before now but hadn't gone yet could go. So, I guess it is busier than the days where they are only doing people who are 48 years old, etc.

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, MuseumGhost, TunedOut

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, TunedOut