View Single Post
RoxanneToto
Grand Poohbah
RoxanneToto has no updates.

3 yr Member
6,991 hugs
given
Default Apr 14, 2021 at 12:46 PM

This is kind of the feeling I’ve had for a few years, that my concerns/feeling of safety etc didn’t matter, and I got told I should just accept or learn to ignore things my (adoptive) dad did that made me uncomfortable.
Possible trigger:

I’ve told mum a lot of this stuff and just got a “meh” response, which I’m not sure what to do with. On the one hand I wonder how much stuff like this she’s experienced/endured; on the other, I feel resentful that my feelings/fears over my general sense of safety at home have been dismissed. I even feel guilty at times for not having much of a relationship with dad (which I find weird, but since I was a preteen I distanced myself from him as much as I could).
Hopefully this is the right forum for this, I guess, release of some thoughts/feelings I don’t think I’ve managed to process properly yet. Let’s call it a brain dump
He is an alcoholic, and I’ve blamed the alcohol for most of his actions over the years (maybe wrongly, but who knows?) and I’ve realised my mum is an enabler, to an extent. I’m having some trouble handling the feelings that have arisen from realising some of my best interests in childhood were basically ignored, for whatever reason. I’m angry and upset, and feel a bit betrayed. But still feel guilt for feeling like that! Argh!
RoxanneToto is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Bill3, hvert, unaluna, Yaowen

Thanks for this!
Yaowen