View Single Post
RoxanneToto
Grand Poohbah
RoxanneToto has no updates.

3 yr Member
6,991 hugs
given
Default Apr 14, 2021 at 02:55 PM

Thanks, both of you. And I agree with what you said, unaluna (until I had certain conversations with my T, I also had that feeling of “limbo” about some things dad had done. Having it clarified was good, it meant I wasn’t imagining things) - it felt wrong to me then, but mum sort of jumped in and tried to convince me to take it as a compliment. I didn’t, but I stopped trying to correct him too because I could see I wasn’t getting anywhere. I’m not sure she understands the true nature of the stuff my dad has said to me that I’ve passed on, or whether she’s resigned herself to being helpless because she couldn’t change him (she’s talked about leaving and threatened divorce several times, over his addiction, but never took any meaningful action. I know it’s not easy for her either, so I’m not blaming her for what’s happened, I just hated the attitude that I was wrong for speaking up for myself. I was a child, not much more emotionally mature when I was in college - and ultimately, shouldn’t have needed to defend myself from a parent).
RoxanneToto is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, unaluna

Thanks for this!
unaluna