View Single Post
Scarlet Alexis

Member Since Aug 2020
247 hugs
given
Default Apr 14, 2021 at 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyCheeky View Post
So Sorry things are hard. Why can't you tell him about your concerns? i think talking to him may prove Hopefully Beneficial. Is there any personal reason for that? Talk to him if possible. In any case definitely wait to see what his plans are. i Hope things will go well and that your relationship with your own mother will improve. Sending many safe, warm hugs to BOTH you, @Scarlet Alexis, your Family, your Friends and ALL of your Loved Ones! Keep fighting and keep rocking NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, OK?!
Thank you MickeyCheeky for your kind words. I really appreciate that!
You are right--I was able to reach my brother by phone and at least spoke about some of my concerns. Some of it is better than I thought, so that's good! My brother says my mother is not speaking badly about me, so I guess that's good.

I'm disappointed because my brother has been making a lot of major life changes very quickly, and it didn't seem to occur to him that he might need to see if I could get any time off work or even if I had gotten vaccinated before spontaneously booking a flight out here. He talks to my parents every week, so they all knew my brother was going to visit, but left me out of the discussion. I'm just really really hurt. It seems if he really cared about getting to see me, he would have asked me. I can't decide if I think he's an idiot or too self-absorbed or considers me lesser than or what. But just because he says "Jump (in other words, drop everything to entertain him during a pandemic)" doesn't mean I have to say "how high?" I'm so anxious about him bringing coronavirus from the plane that I may not even spend time with him the one day I have free. I'm just very very sad at not being enough of a consideration to him. I thought I had more value to him than that.

Even before this, some of my extended family has also revealed more of their true colors during this pandemic. I am just very very sad. It's been difficult to experience so many family members being unkind. It is a loss.

I really appreciate any folks who took the time to read my post, because I know it was long.
Scarlet Alexis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
mote.of.soul