Elder

Member Since Jun 2015
13.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 15, 2021 at 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondtheRainbow View Post
Glass mice, most hand-painted. I had a very sad day last year when a transformer outside my house blew and the impact on my house knocked the shelves over and broke half my collection (and of course the most expensive ones).

Do you prefer a big store like Walmart or a smaller more community based (but much more expensive) for groceries? (welcome to my town )
Even if a Walmart had been closer, I would never have done regular shopping there. Walmarts just don't have the variety and quality of products I would want. I rather shopped at a large Shoprite market. That offered a huge variety (plus a lot of local population-based stuff), but was the cheaper of the options. Only occasionally would we go elsewhere, and usually only for some special item(s).

In Czech Republic, there are all sizes of grocery stores, too. When we actually go to one, we tend to go to a huge Globus. They have almost everything you would want. They have a good foreign foods selection, but when it comes to Czech food, it's a paradise. The more "regular-sized" places have fewer options. Some in-city places are more like bigger corner stores. We have actually been ordering online a lot since the pandemic. When in the US we ordered from a New York City based grocer or Whole Foods. In Czech Republic, we mostly order from rohlik.cz. Another online grocer is kosik.cz, but that's bigger closer to Prague than the city I'm now living in.

How much do you order online (Amazon, groceries, other)?

Last edited by Soupe du jour; Apr 15, 2021 at 02:22 AM..