View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,040 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 15, 2021 at 05:22 AM

@Discombobulated and @TunedOut Thanks. I am so glad things worked out too. Here, so far they've given out over 11 million Sinovac and 1.5 million Pfizer. With mainly Sinovac, the virus is still going to circulate until we can get more people vaccinated with the more effective vaccines. So, personally, after the research I did, I wanted the best protection for me. I'd have to look closer at the numbers, but my husband was wondering if they were holding back some Pfizer and decided to use it for the 40-60 age group (mine), which is being vaccinated now since it seems so many people are getting Pfizer as a first dose currently. Part of that is needing Sinovac for second doses, but I wonder if something else is going on. 40-60 has been seriously affected by the Brazilian variant at the moment in terms of hospitalizations.

I have some itchiness and pain at the injection site. It sucks, because I want to scratch it but then that makes it hurt more. I've had a headache since yesterday afternoon. It feels like a hangover but I didn't have anything to drink. I wonder if it's because of wearing a mask for so long. That was the longest I have gone masked and I did the double mask since the Brazilian variant is so contagious and I was going to an area with a lot of people.

Some municipalities are reporting a decline in people going to get vaccinated and almost empty vaccination centers. I went twice to the largest vaccination center in the last week and both times it was pretty busy, so I hope that means our area is doing better than others with vaccination. In combination with more Pfizer going out, if we are vaccinating at a higher rate, maybe we will start to get some traction against the virus. we did have over 300 active cases recently and now it's down to 257. The health workers handling the vaccination did a good job, I thought. It was better organized that friends in many other countries have reported. They kept us informed about the arrival of vaccines (they come from the regional health authority in Santiago and there was a delay) and explained the whole process.

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, TunedOut

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, TunedOut