View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,040 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 15, 2021 at 05:49 AM

I am actually kind of amazed that in a developing country I could get a Pfizer vaccine so soon, considering I'm not in any risk groups and middle-aged. Two weeks ago, I thought it was impossible. Friends in Europe (like Spain, @AzulOscuro) are telling me they are still working on vaccinating the 65+ or 70+ age groups.

I guess at least our clown government is making progress there. Some neighboring countries like Ecuador and Paraguay don't even have enough for their health workers and we've made some vaccine donations to them. Well, we did keep the Pfizer for us, but for health workers that are on the front lines, I guess even lower protection from Sinovac is better than absolutely nothing. We've also been helping receive the vaccines that Uruguay has ordered and shipping them there. I guess because there aren't as many flights to Uruguay, the manufacturers find it easier to do it like that. Uruguay was doing so well. My good friend there was living almost a normal life, but being Brazil's neighbor caught up with them and now they have one of the worst per capita infections in the world. It sounds like they are doing pretty well vaccinating, though, which is good. My friend is a year younger than me and healthy and she got her second vaccine recently.

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, TunedOut