View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,040 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 15, 2021 at 05:32 PM

@AzulOscuro. I love your sense of humor!

My friend told me to check the vials closely. I did look to see what the Pfizer ones looked like online to be sure. And, yes, that's what they were using. There have been a few mixups with people getting a different vaccine for the second dose, so where I went they had a very clear separation between personnel injecting Sinovac and Pfizer.

We've seen weird things like that too about who gets what vaccine. Initially, they told health workers and people over 59 would get Pfizer. The over 59 was because there wasn't much safety information about its use in older people. The Brazil trials didn't have enough participants in that age range. Four days later, they suddenly said it was safe for people older than 59. Obviously, they did the math and realized that we didn't have enough Pfizer for that age group, because how else could they change their minds so quickly? Health workers initially got Pfizer and then they switched on them too when it ran out. Many weren't happy. Those things just cause confusion and probably vaccine reluctance.

Of course now that more Pfizer is here, it's us healthy 40- and 50-somethings that were able to take advantage. Luck of the draw. The growing shipments of Pfizer coincided with our time on the calendar.

Hugs from:
TunedOut

Thanks for this!
AzulOscuro, Discombobulated, TunedOut