View Single Post
East17
Veteran Member

Member Since Mar 2014
39 hugs
given
Default Apr 16, 2021 at 03:40 PM

Thank you all so much for your replies. I knew that if anyone would understand, you all would here.

I've requested a closure phone call, which she has agreed to. Just ending things by text and not being given any alternative support is not a good way to end things, although I can understand why she did it that way, her world has been rocked and she's probably not thinking straight. I know how hard it's going to be for us both, but I'm really hoping it will help.

At least I had the courage to ask for a closure call this time around. My previous therapist also ended things abruptly by text and I didn't ask the question back then and was always left wondering. It's a horrible place to be in, a kind of limbo. You can't go back, but you don't feel able to move forward either.

I probably will begin to look for someone else, but the thought of having to start over again with someone new is terrifying. Keep having to retell your story over and over feels like one step forward and two steps back. I never seem to make it through to the end.

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Mystical_Being, precaryous, SalingerEsme, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
precaryous