Thread: Therapist Moved
View Single Post
just2b
Veteran Member

Member Since Nov 2009
141 hugs
given
Default Apr 16, 2021 at 06:08 PM

Wheeler, I'm in the same boat. My therapist moved 3 hrs away, same state though. Right now her office was 12 minutes from my home. Covid hit and we went remote. And now she will be moving and there is no possibility of ever seeing her in person. She has not even offered an in person appt when this pandemic starts to change things. I am afraid that it will have to come to and end. She will get in person clients there in the new city and drop her remote clients. That is my fear. Her house has sold and moving week starts next week for her, she mentioned that she might have to cancel our appt because of it. She asked if I felt she was being deceitful? At the time she asked, I had no reason to think differently. Now that I have, yes, I think she has known she was going to move, Her words when she told me is that it was unexpected, how can it be if you have your house already on the market and sold?? She is moving to be closer to her grandkids. She has 2 boys and one girl. I, at first, took it rather hard, and it would still be difficult, if i have not become so numb and untrusting of people, I guess have a wall up that is like steel. Like right now I want to feel sad but can't, its just not there. She even tried to bring up her move in session, and I was like I'm fine. but was talking about snapping at my kid and feeling anxious about other things. She also made some comments on how stuff leaks out in strange ways, but I ignored her comment. I just dont want to address it. its pointless to me now. Sure it will hit me later.

I have felt the same way, that after her, I will not work with anyone else. I will have to deal with my unresolved trauma and not work through it. I have DID so we work on being present and stull like that. Parts of me have written her and delete messages and I know I write and delete without sending her but some things in my head I am not sure if I really sent and so I know she is aware of younger parts of me feeling very strongly towards her and this has devasted them. I cant access and really dont want to now those parts of me. Just trying to move on. all for another day.

Sorry, Wheeler!! Hope that remote therapy can work for you.
just2b is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Mystical_Being, SlumberKitty