Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,263 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 17, 2021 at 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceRimmer View Post
She gave me a hard time about taking time off yesterday. Basically accused me of cheating on my sick time. She said she though it was questionable. I don't know if she will dock my pay for the day. I told her I could not provide documentation and would not take any more time. I asked the psychologist to e-mail me some kind of note I could give to HR, but he hasn't yet. I told him I am cancelling appointments.
AceRimmer, I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. Unfortunately companies do have protocols, and it sounds like they just want the proper documentation. Owning a business, I can tell you there are different things regarding FMLA and sick time, so my hope is that they aren't just trying to make it difficult for you, but to put the proper pay designation on it. Employers also get some different breaks for FMLA with CARES right now. So maybe that's it.

What's more worrisome to me is your therapist's refusal to assist with paperwork. That really is his job, and if he won't even bother to look at the paperwork or actually read what FMLA is, then he doesn't sound, to me, like a therapist that is going to be very useful to you anyhow. Since my disability is psychiatric in nature, I need certain annual paperwork done by my therapist. If my therapist refused to do this paperwork, it would cause me a lot of problems.

Occasionally I have had to educate my therapist on certain forms of documentation, and answer their questions about it if they were uncertain or uncomfortable. I wonder if you could provide your therapist with a website or other resource that would educate him that he CAN fill out this paperwork and it's allowable and dispel the myths he seems to have bought into about it?

It's unfortunate but a lot of healthcare providers don't actually fully understand a lot of laws that govern healthcare including HIPAA, FMLA, and all sorts of other stuff.

FIngers crossed the situation will resolve!

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote