jesyka
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2020
270 hugs
given
Default Apr 17, 2021 at 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxanneToto View Post
The fact they haven’t sent any more fat jokes says something, but before that they sounded like they were being a bit hypocritical. They really should apologise rather than say nothing. I’m being generous here but maybe they feel awkward about it? It’s not very mature of them, in any case.
I’m guessing when the other friends said they’ve never seen her being rude/judgmental, it might be that she’s just never been that way towards them? That doesn’t make how she talks to you ok, of course. Everyone deserves to be treated with dignity, no matter how they look.
-----------------------------------------------------
I agree with everything that you said. No, no more fat jokes have been sent in the group text thankfully. They should've apologized! I think that they were shocked and that they didn't know what to say. It's like they were afraid to upset me more or they knew that I had it and they better watch it from now on.

My skinny friend was never rude to the other two women. They work out and watch what they eat, so I think she respects them more. It seems like she thinks that they're much more worthy of respect than I am since they're not a large as I am.

She kept telling the more fit friend in our group that her arms are so toned and that she's cute, has great style, but when I dress up, she rarely makes any comments on how I look anymore.

I get the not so subtle hints to order healthier food or hints on portion control. She thinks she's sneaky, but I get the jab. She'll order a child sized order of popcorn after I get a medium one and ONLY tell me how that's almost to much for her to eat. And other times she complains about how big portion sizes are at meals and how she couldn't eat that much after I eat everything on my plate.

One time she was rude enough to almost call me fat to my face by telling me that I sure ordered a lot of food at a Christmas dinner! I ordered an appetizer for everyone to SHARE and then some side dish as I ordered something that didn't come with a side.

That was so rude!
jesyka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
RoxanneToto

Thanks for this!
RoxanneToto