View Single Post
Stuck1nhead

Member Since Aug 2016
Default Apr 19, 2021 at 02:54 AM

Hey y’all,

It’s been a long time. Lately I’ve been trying to come to terms with my version of success. My whole life I’ve been judging myself by my mothers version of success. Meaning being having the finances to buy a house or two, get a new car, go on vacations, and drive a new car. All while being able to live comfortably with money to spare.

So let’s recap where I am at. I have a loving wife, a handsome 3 month old son, a roof over my head, food in my belly, a reliable car, and a workshop for me to tinker in. Reading this many would think that I’m living pretty good. But to me it isn’t enough. I desperately want it to be enough. But my mind just tells me that I need more.

This has become so incredibly frustrating. I find that I become mad at myself. I diminish my own success by comparing it others. Which makes me even angrier with myself.

So thinking back I do believe while growing up I became accustomed to a privileged lifestyle. I mean we lived in England, traveled the world, had a maid for crying out loud.

So I’m just now I need to rewrite my brain to show appreciation for what I have.
Stuck1nhead is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote