View Single Post
Quietmind 2
Poohbah

Member Since Jan 2020
8 hugs
given
Default Apr 21, 2021 at 04:11 AM

I'm having a terrible time. I'll be ok, I'm just trying not to drown in my current grief.

I was wondering to myself why I have been feeling too unsafe to share anything to my abuse support group. Why 1 person triggers me intensely.

Turns out I was dreading her responses to my pain. She tends to relate anything shared by anyone to her own experiences. That happens to almost every message. Apparently I wasn't the only 1 who closed off.

Nothing wrong but I can't really handle a lot of notifications because she's writing a lot on whatever. I've notifications muted but her replying multiple times to 1 item from me = I get all those notifications.

Group facilitator basically had to spell it out "Validate without relating everything shared to your own experience." Group facilitator pointed out that folks are grieving their trauma, and they don't feel validated when she just doesn't acknowledge what they say, and just goes on about herself.

I'll be ok. I just feel really fragile. I feel awful that I'm feeling so fragile.

Last edited by Quietmind 2; Apr 21, 2021 at 05:35 AM..

Hugs from:
ArtieTheSequal, Elio, Lemoncake, LonesomeTonight, Mystical_Being, SlumberKitty, unaluna, WarmFuzzySocks

Thanks for this!
unaluna