Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 21, 2021 at 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elio View Post
My grandson said we watch people play baseball, football... and so on... even golf and bowling... so what's weird about them watching other people play video games. He didn't even bring up the cooking or home improvement shows... Which he loves to watch cooking shows too.

I kind of see his point... I still don't see watching other people play video games very exciting for most games. Then again, I don't watch bowling or golf... or baseball either. I will watch curling. So who knows why something is entertaining to one and not others.

That's a really good point...I watch my share of sports (mostly football, with a bit of baseball and college basketball on occasion. And like the Olympics). And things like cooking shows at times. (Not so much home improvement ones, but those are really popular, I know.)

I know I've mentioned this on here before, but it's relevant. Dr. T is a sports psychologist (plus a regular licensed psychologist), but he's said he doesn't like watching sports. That he likes to be involved somehow, whether playing, coaching, something like that. I asked if he even likes watching the sport he plays, and he said not really. So I guess that's similar to the video game thing.

And I guess if it's a particular video game that the person plays, maybe they could learn tips or something. Sort of like cooking shows.

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
Quietmind 2