Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.1k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 21, 2021 at 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtieTheSequal View Post
LT, your saying how you were feeling but also that you weren't asking - reminds me of something. I have been seeing L in person again for a little while, for which I am hugely grateful, but without our usual hug as I'm leaving of course. I really miss those hugs. But I've been afraid to tell her that, just to talk about it, even though, like you, I would not be asking for them again, because she might interpret my talking about how I feel about it as asking even if I'm not.

(well that was a comma-heavy sentence haha)

I understand being afraid to tell her that. I think she'd understand though? Especially if you say you know that you can't right now because of COVID (I assume that's why, right?) But I get what you mean, how if you mention it, it will still *seem* like you're asking for it, even if you say you aren't.

I think it's going to be difficult for me to start seeing Dr. T in person again next month without being able to shake his hand, but I have no idea when, if ever, he'd be comfortable with that again. He intends to meet without masks (though clients can request he wear one), and will only meet with vaccinated clients. But he also intends to stay 6 feet apart, which of course would make it impossible to shake hands.

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
Quietmind 2