Elder

Member Since Jun 2015
13.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 21, 2021 at 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha1too View Post
I had a music teacher who took me under her wing from third through eighth grades. She did more than teach music in school & give me private piano lessons, though. She checked with all my other teachers to make sure I was getting my work done there, and if I ever misbehaved in another teacher's class she made sure I had to answer to her, rather than the principal (the principal's office would have been a gift in comparison!). While I can think of other dedicated teachers who influenced me, Mrs. P gave me the gifts of music, academic rigor, and probably spared me the life of a hoodlum.

Briefly describe life in the city, town, or rural area where you grew up (sorry if it sounds like fodder for a novel).
Semi rural, but more and more houses built on the road (called "Goat Hill") over 20 years. I lived on the hill above a touristy small town, which is one of NJs cutest. If you walk along the ridge, you see the Delaware River below. They say Washington stood on a boulder there watching for the British. My family (on both sides) is deeply rooted in the area, with ancestors dating back to the late 1600s and early 1700s. I actually could go on and on, but won't.

Do you have any old family heirloom or memorabilia?

Last edited by Soupe du jour; Apr 21, 2021 at 04:15 PM..

Thanks for this!
buddha1too