catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 22, 2021 at 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedOut View Post
@BethRagsI am sure you already know that Doordash isn't very good for our budgets either. IMO, sometimes a good first step is to plan out healthy meals and begin working on them (going to the store, preparing meals before you are ravenous) so that when you get hungry, you don't grab the things that are the worst for us. I keep buying chocolate but know when I buy it, I can only buy one serving. If I have multiple servings in the house, I keep going back to the bag even when I am not hungry. Perhaps it's a sugar addiction. I have heard people on Youtube (
) say that sugar can be very addicting and it hurts our immune system. So the most helpful thing for me is not to have it in the house. And yes, overeating might be a symptom of depression because when we are depressed, we feel bad and eating delicious things makes us temporarily feel good. I need to work on my own addiction to sugar. Perhaps the way I need to get started is to stop putting sugary substances in my coffee. I am currently doing a job grading achievement test questions and am finding myself grabbing coffee all or the time in order to maintain concentration. I find myself using different sugary substances in order vary the taste of my coffee. I already had some coffee this morning but will try not to put any more flavors in it that include sugar today.

Exactly - our gas/electric company out here is letting payments slide because of the terrible wildfires they were responsible for. So I've been using Doordash instead of paying gas/electric. Stupid, stupid habit. I don't have a problem with overeating, it's what I'm eating that I'm upset about. And too much sugar. The coffee is an excellent example. I never, ever sweetened my coffee (yuck!)...until one day I did. After that I lost my taste for unsweetened coffee.

Maybe the depression is more a result of the bad habit, more than the other way around.

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi

Thanks for this!
bizi