View Single Post
AceRimmer

Member Since Jun 2015
2 hugs
given
Default Apr 24, 2021 at 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvert View Post
It's wild how one bad boss can make your work life miserable. I have run into that twice. Once I managed to get a new boss and another time the new boss drove me out. Your boss doesn't sound like a great fit for lab work if she wants you to do work without having documentation.
Back in 2009 I had a horrible boss. I got put on paid administrative leave for 6 months. They claimed they were investigating my alleged misuse of the work computer. They finally found me guilty of threatening someone with a bowl of pasta. They only lifted the suspension the day before they laid me off and shut down the cafe I ran. I had to hire a lawyer to help me get the suspension taken off my record. Cost me $3000. He threatened them with an ADA lawsuit and that may have helped.

Then I got to the lab job and the boss was a jerk, but not nearly as bad as the previous. Early on he asked me what program I wanted to work in and I said radiochem, but it didn't matter as long as I didn't have to work with blood. The next week he assigned me to blood toxicology.

Finally he retired and we got a really good boss for a couple of years. A Brit guy who was way overqualified but needed a job near where his wife worked. He left and they created a new level of supervisor and made this control freak idiot my boss.