View Single Post
will19
Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2012
1,105 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 25, 2021 at 11:28 AM

It seems like, on this site, it was more active in the past than it is now. Around now it has ups and downs, but mostly downs (inactive). I guess the explanation I can come up with is because of the popularity of Facebook, Twitter, Tweeter, and social mobile apps. I would guess that the majority of people who use online forums now may be on the older spectrum.

There were two other sites I went on a few years ago or so and they have been long gone. One was called "No Kidding" which was for child-free people. It was pretty good at first but then certain ones had to push their controversial agendas. And they would get all mean if you disagreed with them. And then there was "Meet Christians". As you might guess, it was for Christians. But that one went down because of excessive arguing and lack of participation. Both those sites were pretty good, but went bad at the end.

Also there are some news outlets that let you comment. Lately, quite a few of those stopped having the comments. I guess it's because the writers couldn't take the heavy criticisms they got. Also there are articles online that have comments. But they don't get much participation.
will19 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear

Thanks for this!
*Beth*