SlumberKitty
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jul 2018
117.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 26, 2021 at 01:04 PM

Hi All,

I have an appointment with New T today--Dr. K. I'm a bit nervous even though it won't be my first time with a new T....it's just my first time with THIS new T. I filled out a mountain of paperwork and emailed it in so I hope he has looked at it. I would be upset if he is flipping through it as we are meeting because there was a lot to it.

We are meeting virtually through Doxy.me. I've not used that platform but I watched a Youtube video on it and it seems really easy. It seems similar to one my Pdoc uses Simple Health or Simple Practice something like that.

I'm nervous because if he asks what my goals are I kind of know what they are but I don't really know how to articulate them so I'm trying to sort that out in my head now before I meet with him (at 2). And I'm nervous in case he just thinks I'm wasting his time or something. I've been fairly stable for a little while but it wasn't that long ago that I wasn't stable. When I am stable I often feel like why am I in therapy but when I'm not stable then I know why I am in therapy.

The only other male therapist I had was my pastor and obviously I already knew him. This guy used to work with my Pdoc so that makes me feel a little better. Usually I have older women but maybe it would be better to have a whole different perspective.

I'm just a little nervous. Anyone has some words of wisdom to share? Thanks HUGS Kit

Hugs from:
*Beth*, ArtieTheSequal, Breaking Dawn, chihirochild, LonesomeTonight, Mystical_Being, nottrustin, RoxanneToto, ScarletPimpernel, Taylor27, unaluna

Thanks for this!
Breaking Dawn, comrademoomoo