View Single Post
Rose76
Legendary

Member Since Mar 2011
5,345 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 27, 2021 at 09:43 PM

I just happened to see something today on YouTube I'ld never heard of before. (What a coincidence.) There is an outfit called "Helping Hands" that trains Capuchin monkeys to function as service animals for the severely mobility impaired. I just had to share that, and I'm not making light of your situation.

I have some trouble getting down low myself, and there's nothing funny about it. My limitations are nowhere's near as tough as I believe yours are. The stool idea above is one I use more than I ever thought I'ld need to. I use my folding step stool to get stuff out of low cabinets and to deal with the lowest part of my refridgerator. I have a sturdy device on my tub to grab to be able to get up from sitting in the tub. That probably tells you that my deficits are fairly minor. Still, I don't get stuff done around the house like I used to . . . and the place sure looks that way. I have a "grabber," inherited from my late, severely impaired S.O. I wouldn't be without one. And I'm starting to wonder what I'll do as the aging process does more of what it does.

I guess all I can suggest is trying to think ahead and arrange things so there is less reason to have to deal with the floor. No doubt you're already doing that. Maybe an occupational therapist, if you can get access to one, might have some recommendations. It might not be a device, but a strategy of how to arrange some things.

Meanwhile - if just for a laugh - check out YouTube monkey videos. One guy on there has his macaque, named Yoyo, trained to do all kinds of retrievals. It's a very heart-warming channel to view because man and pet have a loving relationship.
Rose76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
unaluna