View Single Post
NatalieJastrow
Veteran Member

Member Since Aug 2020
261 hugs
given
Default Apr 28, 2021 at 06:13 AM

I tell you I am seriously considering quitting my job.

What is getting to me is the absolute pettiness of the situation. I am on vacation this week and one of the worst parts of going on vacation is that there are always like a zillion little threads to my job and when you try to take time off, some of them are going to get missed. It is in part due to the fact that some steps have to happen for things to be done. But this vacation I am lucky to have someone I trust covering for me. But still I had to prep her on the job and that took about 2 hours on Friday.

So yesterday, there was a meeting and a piece of paperwork was not in the file. Now the paperwork was done or one of the attendees would not have been there. However, my boss actually stated to the person covering for me that the meeting would have to be cancelled because the paperwork was not in the file.

WHAT? Since when has that been necessary? Paperwork not being done, ok but not being in the file? I can easily put it in the file when I return.

Also, if he had cancelled the meeting that would have just punished me? I would have to set the meeting up again and the hard work to do at least 50 things would have been for nothing.

The person covering for me just got the paperwork -- she told me about it because she wanted me to know she "saved me" in a nice way.

But it just made me FURIOUS. There was no need for me to be saved.

I have done everything for my boss, worked very hard, and the "requirements" just keep getting ratcheted up. Only for me.

When my friend who is covering suggested that I had given her the paperwork but she just hadn't put it in the file yet, the response... "oh ok no problem"

It is only ME.. that he is constantly taking to task for everything and being ridiculous with.

I am just done with this workplace, DONE.

I am cleaning off my resume.
NatalieJastrow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote