Revu2
Grand Member
Revu2 tweak

10 yr Member
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 28, 2021 at 05:14 PM

Happened to come across a reference to legendary soccer coach Bill Shankly. Find it in the quotes thread.

About the same time, I realized that a way to picture my approach to making change stick is to find the seam, place a wedge, and skillfully hammer away. Crack growing? Keep hammering.

Has this been written by anyone? It took some fancy google skills but I found at least one leadership blogger onto it. Savoring it a section at a time.

This relates to my condo challenges. Where are the seams? There's one at first move (doing research and writing up a recommendation). An enormous one is the changeover of owners! We have several due this year. As the incoming prez I have a legit role to connect with them and present my plans and policies.

Anything written opens a seam and most people consider writing a type of work. Fun is to be overdone, Work underdone.

I sense I'm onto something when I awaken with ideas + energy. I have a new toy, a recorder built into a 35gb USB drive. I mean—I have walkman cassette recorders (2 of em) and recording on my flip phone (that takes over a minute to access) and this thing sweeps them aside. Pick up, click on, wait for the double blue light, speak. Then I have several ways to rough in a transcript of what I said.

Busy starters set their own urgent schedule. We need a Reserve Study (30 years of estimated major expenses) for the resale certificates. I'm on it. I have something to add as a narrative of how we envision ourselves managing this over 30 years. Some of the expectations implicit in condo living, winning, aggressive attitude (It's on us to watch our expenses or vendors, poor quality, & Inflation will pick up clean).

In the cycles of my merry condo 'team' we are at a low point. Morale mysteriously refused to budge from bottom, owners are racing to avoid obvious responsibilities. As Bill Shankly might say, situation excellent to rebuild the club.
Revu2

Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote