Thread: Crying
View Single Post
Jessica Hazlitt

Member Since Sep 2014
25 hugs
given
Default Apr 28, 2021 at 06:35 PM

I want to know if anyone else has this problem, because it's the first thing I've googled and come up with no real info. Crying, or rather not crying. For as long as i can remember i have always resisted crying, but i don't recall trying to resist it if that makes sense? Even in therapy there were a few occasions i felt like i wanted to cry but couldn't, and I then get a horrific splitting head ache. I have one now as it happens. Had strong mixed memories evoked, shed a few large tears (i mean like 4 or 5) but that was it. I'm on my own so it's not that I'm embarrassed to cry in front of anyone, and aside from feeling that crying is the appropriate response AND knowing the physical toll it takes not to, i still cant. As i type this i just feel odd, not numb, more like ..... ok long story. As a kid i fell into a pond and could not swim. I didn't even try, i didnt panic. It was oddly calm and i remember just wantching the cliff wall rush past covered in crabs and algae as I sank. That's how i feel now. I have so much mourning to do but how can i start if i can't even cry? When i searched "why do i resist crying" all the results were about how to stop if you cry to much. Not helpful. What about you guys?
Jessica Hazlitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight, SlumberKitty