Cestdidie

Member Since Apr 2021
2 hugs
given
Default Apr 29, 2021 at 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneToUnderstand View Post
Good afternoon y’all,

I’m looking for others to talk to regarding growing up with an emotionally absent mother. I’ve researched Cold Mother Syndrome and have discovered the ramifications of a childhood with mom’s that are emotionally absent. It seems there was a lot of this in my generation. I’m in my late 40s and have struggled with depression and anxiety since childhood.

If anyone is in the same situation and willing to chat about it, please feel free to contact me here or via PM.
I have an emotionally absent mother. The book "The Emotionally Absent Mother: A Guide to Self-Healing and Getting the Love You Missed" by Jasmin Lee Cori has helped to me understand this issue. Maybe that can help you determine exactly which things you missed as a child, and how they affect you today.
In terms of how I cope with this: I do not look for an apology from her or even my father. I try to look at which people are present in my life, and show me genuine love. By feelings their love, I am able to love myself--and that is the start of healing
Cestdidie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
downandlonely, MuseumGhost, RoxanneToto, unaluna

Thanks for this!
downandlonely, MuseumGhost, RoxanneToto, unaluna