Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,275 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 29, 2021 at 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_little_didgee View Post
No they are not. These ones worked for me. There are definitely others that I didn't include on my list. If you have any, please include them. I would appreciate that a lot more than being reminded that they are not universal.
The key, that you identified, is this is how you prefer the etiquette and so clearly communicating this with a roommate, and compromising where possible, is essential.

I think one or two dishes in the sink (As long as cleaned or loaded in dishwasher by end of day) is fine. But what's a deal breaker for me is passive aggressive behavior. If someone can't come to me openly and discuss something bothering them and expects me to either tiptoe or hound them to tell me what's bothering them because they are behaving passively hostile, no way. Grow the **** up.

Also respect that your roommate may have a different lifestyle or limitations. I had a roommate once and I was on medication that made me extraordinarily fatigued. She was visibly angry all the time at me for sleeping as much as I did, like it had any impact on her? She knew I was on these meds, and disabled, and she was a total jerk. But she was just a total jerk anyhow.

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
The_little_didgee