Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 29, 2021 at 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deilla View Post
I have read not only in the Emotional Eating book but also in CBT that it's important to get into a habit of identifying emotions. It's a starting point. Mindfulness is important. Sometimes we don't know why we feel a certain way. Observing the emotion and giving space to it opens the doors to healing. I may not know why I want to hang on to excess body weight, but my recovery is happening in the hear and now.
In my case what was happening in the hear & now at the time of my anorexia was the cause of it but no one brought it into light or worked on anything to do with the real cause but they tried to shove on me that it was all about body image. I was thankful that my DBT therapist helped me understand the connection of what I had gone through the last 13 years before I left where I was actually was the cause of it. Yep, in my case, a stressful & financially abusive marriage I was trapped in. In my case, it also became obvious that was the cause because I got better when I left.

Yes, identifying our emotions was the start for me but I took it one step farther in my therapy & said this is why I am feeling those emotions & at that point I went back to emotions from the past & that shined a light on the crap I dealt with all my life. Yes, some issues aren't as easy as that but it does all tie together

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Deilla, RoxanneToto

Thanks for this!
RoxanneToto