MsLady
Poohbah

Member Since Mar 2020
360 hugs
given
Default Apr 30, 2021 at 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by featheredodachi View Post
The way I decided that I am not a narcissist is that I am driven to self-reflection. I like to think about my own thoughts and analyze them. I acknowledge my negative behavior as negative... even if I can't/don't do anything about it. Apparently narcissists don't do this. They refuse to accept that there is something wrong with them and they don't self-reflect.
Thanks. This is helpful.

Quote:
I accidentally came across a website talking about narcissists and how to recognize them and how they abuse people and how their psyches work and stuff.. And I saw myself in every single article. Well, I mean, I am a monster. I acknowledge my negative behavior as negative... even if I can't/don't do anything about it.
Abuse is abuse. If you're calling yourself a "monster" you "can't or don't change", then distinguishing between BPD and NPD sounds like a waste of time. Innocent people have been greatly affected, so I don't get your reason to "panic" about having NDP. How would one suffer from "needlessly being demonized" if they acknowledge these patterns of abuse? Sorry. Maybe you can explain this further.

Forget the labels. Focus on the behaviors. The Dialectical Behavior Therapy is said to be helpful for BPD.
MsLady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous41462