Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 01, 2021 at 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceRimmer View Post
I've been taking half days off on Mondays for therapy with a psychologist. Last week in a meeting my boss asked me about my half days off. I just told her they were medical appointments. She said she could ask me to get a note from a doctor. This week I asked for next Monday off and now she is telling me I must have the note. I texted my therapists but he hasn't gotten back. I don't want her to know that her bullying is driving me to despair either. I e-mailed my bosses boss and asked for the time off but she didn't respond.
Does your boss bully you otherwise? Just curious why you call this particular instance bullying? My apologies - I did not read through your whole thread, and I don't know if you have other threads about your boss bullying you.

But based on this one post, it's unreasonable to expect that your boss will accept a half day off every single week for a doctor appointment, or in reality, a therapy appointment. It appears as not wanting to work and pull your weight. I don't know anyone in a working environment who takes a day off once per week. I myself, work my therapy appointments around my work schedule and meet with my therapist either during my lunch break or after working hours. It IS reasonable of your boss to require a doctor's note.

Emailing your boss's boss is also a no-no because you're going above your boss's head when this should be worked out with your boss directly. When you go above the boss's head, you piss off your boss. It makes sense that the other boss did not respond - she/he probably wants you to work it out between you and your own boss.

I hope you work this out and can get what you need.

~4 Non Blondes

Last edited by Have Hope; May 01, 2021 at 05:11 AM..
Have Hope is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote