View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,625 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Question May 01, 2021 at 07:55 AM

I feel super insecure at work, which is really bothering me, and I believe it's due to the bullying I experienced in my last job.

I returned to my old employer three weeks ago, and I've been a nervous wreck about everything little thing I do and say - am I pleasing/displeasing my boss, I wonder? Am I saying this right, or am I sounding off colored? Am I offending anyone online with my tone? I can be very all down to business in writing. Everything is now online and remote. I had to re-introduce myself in a company video call the other day and I worried how I came across to everyone who doesn't know me. I worry about how I came across, and whether I was looking at people on the video call, or whether I was shyly looking away, clearly lacking confidence. My CEO knows that I can lack confidence sometimes.

I am paranoid down to every little detail about my approach to work.

In a job just prior to coming back on board with my old job, this incredibly mean woman bullied me horrendously. She beat me up verbally in a 1:1 phone call, whereby no one witnessed or heard it. She ripped into me about a project in my very first week of work!!!!!! She said she didn't like my approach to her in this phone call, when I was in fact, overly apologetic to her for anything that had rubbed her wrong, and when I approached this call very professionally and respectfully.

So now I worry about every little thing. It's driving me crazy since I am not normally like this.

How do I calm down my thoughts so that I can feel more confident in myself?

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
RoxanneToto