divine1966
Legendary Wise Elder

divine1966 Tired!!!

8 yr Member
1,274 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 01, 2021 at 06:06 PM

Are you working with a therapist on this? My husband tends to think that he either did something wrong at work or that people don’t like him. I have a friend at work like that too. Both my friend and my husband are doing great job and aren’t in any trouble ever but the way they feel isn’t rational.

My husband is currently working with a therapist on building his self esteem. He was bullied a lot in life due to Tourette’s and was in abusive marriage so he lacks confidence, but because he is a big guy with a loud voice people sometimes think he is overly confident but it’s completely the other way around.

Honestly it’s a life long struggle in a way but good therapist could help with strategies and techniques (meditation, breathing, relaxation etc).

PS my friend at works runs it by me if I think people hate her or she does a bad job. The answer is always no. Could you develop buddy system of sorts? It’s a bit different of course as we’ve been working next to each other for 16 years and we are friends outside of work. But I have other colleagues who don’t feel confident and they run it by me. See if you can develop type of support system. NOT with bosses!!!
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
RoxanneToto